49 Quotations by Sir Francis Bacon
- 41. The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery.
- 42. The subtlety of nature is greater many times over than the subtlety of the senses and understanding.
- 43. The worst solitude is to be destitute of sincere friendship.
- 44. There is a difference between happiness and wisdom: he that thinks himself the happiest man is reall ...
- 45. There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion.
- 46. There is no great concurrence between learning and wisdom
- 47. They are ill discoverers that think there is no land, when they can see nothing but sea.
- 48. Whoever is out of patience is out of possession of his soul. Men must not turn into bees, and kill t ...
- 49. Whosoever is delighted in solitude is either a wild beast or a god.