49 Quotations by Sir Francis Bacon
- 1. A little philosophy inclineth men's minds toward atheism, but depth of philosophy bringeth men's min ...
- 2. A man must make his opportunity, as oft as find it.
- 3. A prudent question is one half of wisdom.
- 4. A sudden bold and unexpected question doth many times surprise a man and lay him open.
- 5. A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds.
- 6. All rising to great place is by a winding stair.
- 7. Books must follow sciences, and not sciences books.
- 8. By far the best proof is experience.
- 9. Certainly virtue is like precious odours, most fragrant when they are incensed or crushed: for prosp ...
- 10. Choose the life that is most useful, and habit will make it the most agreeable.
- 11. Death is a friend of ours; and he that is not ready to entertain him is not at home.
- 12. Discretion in speech is more than eloquence.
- 13. Dolendi modus, timendi non item.
- 14. For there is no question but a just fear of an imminent danger, though there be no blow given, is a ...
- 15. God has placed no limits to the exercise of the intellect he has given us, on this side of the grave ...
- 16. He of whom many are afraid ought to fear many.
- 17. He that will not apply new remedies must expect new evils; for time is the greatest innovator.
- 18. Hope is a good breakfast, but it is a bad supper.
- 19. Houses are built to live in, not to look on; therefore, let use be preferred before uniformity, exce ...
- 20. I have taken all knowledge to by my province.
|Sir Francis Bacon Quotes by Power Quotations|