1032 Portuguese Proverbs / Page 2
- 11. A bustling mother makes a slothful daughter.
- 12. A busy mother makes slothful daughters.
- 13. A capon eight months old is fit for a king's table.
- 14. A cat that has been scalded is afraid of cold water.
- 15. A cat that is hidden with its tail showing.
- 16. A contented ass enjoys a long life.
- 17. A dead man does not speak.
- 18. A dog bitten by a snake is afraid of sausages.
- 19. A dog in the manger, that neither eats nor lets others eat.
- 20. A dog that has been bitten by a snake, fears the sausage.
|Quotes by Power Quotations|