1032 Portuguese Proverbs
- 1. "It is nothing -- they are only thrashing my husband."
- 2. "What is marriage, mother?" "Child, it is spinning, having children, making money, and weeping.
- 3. A bad knife cuts one's finger instead of the stick.
- 4. A bad neighbor will give you a needle with no thread.
- 5. A barking dog was never a good hunter.
- 6. A barley corn is better than a diamond to a cock.
- 7. A beard lathered is half shaved.
- 8. A beard once washed is half shaven.
- 9. A beggar's wallet is never full.
- 10. A bird in the hand is more worth than two flying.
|Quotes by Power Quotations|