943 Irish Proverbs / Page 2
- 11. A boys best friend is his mother and there's no spancel stronger than her apron string.
- 12. A buckle is a great addition to an old shoe.
- 13. A cabin with plenty of food is better than a hungry castle.
- 14. A cart-horse could never win the derby.
- 15. A closed mouth--a wise head.
- 16. A debt is still unpaid, even if forgotten.
- 17. A dimple in the chin; a devil within.
- 18. A diplomat must always think twice before he says nothing.
- 19. A disease known is half cured.
- 20. A dishonest woman can't be kept in and an honest woman won't.
|Quotes by Power Quotations|