118 Icelandic Proverbs / Page 6
- 51. Iceland is the best land on which the sun shines.
- 52. If one calls in the forest will one get a response.
- 53. If only the wind would turn before I go home, said the woman rowing against the wind.
- 54. If the icy snow carries you at midsummer, then we can expect a late spring.
- 55. If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.
- 56. If you get lost in an Icelandic forest, simply stand up and you will find your way.
- 57. If you travel for a day, take bread for a week.
- 58. If you wish to know what a man is, make him king.
- 59. It is better one time to see things than one hundred times to hear about them.
- 60. It is better to be a master in a cottage than servant in a castle.
|Quotes by Power Quotations|