1614 American Proverbs / Page 3
- 21. A crooked cornstalk can have a straight ear.
- 22. A dead enemy is as good as a cold friend.
- 23. A dead man feels no cold.
- 24. A deaf husband and a blind wife are always a happy couple.
- 25. A diamond daughter turns to glass as a wife.
- 26. A diamond on a dunghill is a precious diamond still.
- 27. A diplomat is a man who always remembers a woman's birthday but never her age.
- 28. A dirty fire never made a clean weld.
- 29. A dirty floor means a busy stove.
- 30. A disease known is half cured.
|Quotes by Power Quotations|