1614 American Proverbs / Page 2
- 11. A brother may not be a friend . . . .
- 12. A burnt child dreads the fire.
- 13. A cackling hen doesn't always lay.
- 14. A calamity is often a blessing in disguise.
- 15. A carpenter is known by his chips.
- 16. A cat has nine lives; for three he plays, for three he strays, and for the last three he stays.
- 17. A child and a fool imagine twenty shillings and twenty years can never be spent.
- 18. A clear conscience is a coat of mail.
- 19. A clear conscience is a good pillow.
- 20. A contented mind is a continual feast.
|Quotes by Power Quotations|