389 Proverbs about Gold / Page 3
21. A golden hammer breaks an iron gate.
22. Build golden bridges for the flying foe.
23. Cheese is gold in the morning, silver at noon, and lead at night.
24. Gold goes in at any gate.
25. Gold lies deep in the mountain, dirt on the highway.
26. Gold may be bought too dear.
27. Hares are caught with hounds, fools with praise, and women with gold.
28. So it goes in the world: one has the purse, the other has the gold.
29. Talking is silver, silence is gold.
30. That usury is a sin some hold, but take for granted they've no gold.