8 Quotations by Sir Thomas Beecham
- 1. A musicologist is a man who can read music but cannot hear it.
- 2. Brass bands are all very well in their place - outdoors and several miles away.
- 3. Great music is that which penetrates the ear with facility and leaves the memory with difficulty. Ma ...
- 4. I have just been all round the world and have formed a very poor opinion of it.
- 5. The English may not like music, but they absolutely love the noise it makes.
- 6. The function of music is to release us from the tyranny of conscious thought.
- 7. There are two golden rules for an orchestra: start together and finish together. The public doesn't ...
- 8. Try everything once except incest and folk dancing