6 Quotations by Pierre Charron
- 1. He who receives a benefit should never forget it; he who bestow should never remember it.
- 2. Pleasure and pain, though directly opposite are contrived to be constant companions.
- 3. The advice of friends must be received with a judicious reserve; we must not give ourselves up to it ...
- 4. The easiest way to be cheated is to believe yourself to be more cunning than others.
- 5. The most excellent and divine counsel, the best and most profitable advertisement of all others, but ...
- 6. The true science and study of man, is man himself.