15 Quotations by Francois Rabelais
- 1. A bellyful is a bellyful.
- 2. Believe me, 'tis a godlike thing to lend; to owe is a heroic virtue.
- 3. Draw the curtain, the fraud is over.
- 4. He 63 ways of getting money, the most common, most honorable ones being staling, thieving, and robbi ...
- 5. I am going to seek a great purpose, draw the curtain, the farce is played.
- 6. I drink no more than a sponge.
- 7. I have known many who could not when they would, for they had not done it when they could.
- 8. I owe much; I have nothing; the rest I leave to the poor.
- 9. If you wish to avoid seeing a fool you must first break your looking glass.
- 10. It is a kind of spiritual snobbery that makes people think they can be happy without money.
- 11. So much is a man worth as he esteems himself.
- 12. Tell the truth and shame the devil.
- 13. The farce is finished. I go to seek a vast perhaps.
- 14. There are more old drunkards than old physicians.
- 15. When I drink, I think; and when I think, I drink.
|Francois Rabelais Quotes by Power Quotations|