336 Quotations from Friedrich Nietzsche
- 121. In Heaven all the interesting people are missing.
- 122. In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations, and epochs it is the rule.
- 123. In large states public education will always be mediocre, for the same reason that in large kitchens ...
- 124. In the beautiful, man sets himself up as the standard of perfection; in select cases he worships him ...
- 125. In the consciousness of the truth he has perceived, man now sees everywhere only the awfulness or th ...
- 126. In the mountains the shortest route is from peak to peak, but for that you must have long legs. Apho ...
- 127. In the past, one desired to acquire fame and to be talked about. But that is not sufficient anymore, ...
- 128. Instinct. When the house burns one forgets even lunch. Yes, but one eats it later in the ashes.
- 129. Is life not a thousand times too short for us to bore ourselves?
- 130. Is man merely a mistake of God's? Or God merely a mistake of man's?
- 131. It is always consoling to think of suicide: in that way one gets through many a bad night.
- 132. It is easier to cope with a bad conscience than with a bad reputation.
- 133. It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them.
- 134. It is my ambition to say in ten sentences; what others say in a whole book.
- 135. It is nobler to declare oneself wrong than to insist on being right - especially when one is right.
- 136. It is not a lack of love, but a lack of friendship that makes unhappy marriages.
- 137. It is obvious that all sense has gone out of modern marriage; which is, however, no objection to mar ...
- 138. It is time, it is high time... Yes, but to do what?
- 139. It says nothing against the ripeness of a spirit that it has a few worms.
- 140. Jesus died too soon. If he had lived to my age he would have repudiated his doctrine.
... 5 6 7 8 9
... 17 >>