23 Quotations by Edna St. Vincent Millay
- 1. A person who publishes a book willfully appears before the populace with his pants down. If it is a ...
- 2. April comes like an idiot, babbling and stewing flowers.
- 3. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies. Nobody that matters, that is.
- 4. Down you mongrel, Death! Back into your kennel!
- 5. God, I can push the grass apart and lay my finger on Thy heart.
- 6. I know I am but summer to your heart, and not the full four seasons of the year.
- 7. I love humanity, but I hate people.
- 8. If I ever said in grief or pride, I tired of honest things, I lied.
- 9. If I love you Wednesday, What is that to you? I do not love you Thursday -- so much is true.
- 10. Into the darkness they go, the wise and the lovely.
- 11. It is not true that life is one damn thing after another- it is one damn thing over and over.
- 12. It's not true that life is one damn thing after another; it is one damn thing over and over.
- 13. Love me, please, I love you; I can bear to be your friend. So ask of me anything.... I am not a tent ...
- 14. My candle burns at both ends;
- 15. Not truth, but faith it is that keeps the world alive.
- 16. Oh, oh, you will be sorry for that word!
- 17. Parrots, tortoises and redwoods live a longer life than men do; Men a longer life than dogs do; Dogs ...
- 18. Please give me some good advice in your next letter. I promise not to follow it.
- 19. Set the foot down with distrust on the crust of the world -- it is thin.
- 20. Soar, eat ether, see what has never been seen; depart, be lost, but climb.
|Edna St. Vincent Millay Quotes by Power Quotations|