12 Quotations by Edith Sitwell
- 1. Eccentricity is not, as dull people would have us believe, a form of madness. It is often a kind of ...
- 2. Good taste is the worst vice ever invented.
- 3. I am an unpopular electric eel in a pool of catfish.
- 4. I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.
- 5. I have often wished I had time to cultivate modesty... But I am too busy thinking about myself.
- 6. I'm afraid I'm being an awful nuisance.
- 7. My personal hobbies are reading, listening to music, and silence.
- 8. My poems are hymns of praise to the glory of life.
- 9. Poetry is the deification of reality.
- 10. The aim of flattery is to soothe and encourage us by assuring us of the truth of an opinion we have ...
- 11. The public will believe anything, so long as it is not founded on truth.
- 12. Vulgarity is, in reality, nothing but a modern, chic, pert descendant of the goddess Dullness.
|Edith Sitwell Quotes by Power Quotations|