16 Quotations by Dorothy L. Sayers
- 1. A continued atmosphere of hectic passion is very trying if you haven't got any of your own.
- 2. A facility for quotation covers the absence of original thought.
- 3. A human being must have occupation if he or she is not to become a nuisance to the world.
- 4. Books...are like lobster shells, we surround ourselves with 'em, then we grow out of 'em and leave ' ...
- 5. Every woman is a human being-one cannot repeat that too often-and a human being must have occupation ...
- 6. Except ye become as little children, except you can wake on your fiftieth birthday with the same for ...
- 7. I always have a quotation for everything, it saves original thinking.
- 8. If it were not for the war, this war would suit me down to the ground.
- 9. Lawyers enjoy a little mystery, you know. Why, if everybody came forward and told the truth, the who ...
- 10. People who make some other person part of their job are dangerous.
- 11. She always says, my lord, that facts are like cows. If you look them in the face hard enough they ge ...
- 12. The only sin passion can commit is to be joyless.
- 13. The worst sin - perhaps the only sin - passion can commit, is to be joyless.
- 14. Trouble shared is trouble halved.
- 15. What we make is more important than what we are, particularly if making is our profession.
- 16. You cannot do good work if you take your mind off the work to see how the community is taking it.
|Dorothy L. Sayers Quotes by Power Quotations|