9 Quotations by Cornelius Tacitus
- 1. He had a certain frankness and generosity, qualities indeed which turn to a man's ruin, unless tempe ...
- 2. I am my nearest neighbour.
- 3. In stirring up tumult and strife, the worst men can do the most, but peace and quiet cannot be estab ...
- 4. It is found by experience that admirable laws and right precedents among the good have their origin ...
- 5. It is the rare fortuene of these days that one may think what one likes and say what one thinks.
- 6. Keen at the start, but careless at the end.
- 7. No hatred is so bitter as that of near relations.
- 8. That cannot be safe which is not honourable.
- 9. There can never be a complete confidence in a power which is excessive.