18 Quotations by Charlie Chaplin
- 1. A day without laughter is a day wasted.
- 2. A tramp, a gentleman, a poet, a dreamer, a lonely fellow, always hopeful of romance and adventure.
- 3. Actors search for rejection. If they don't get it they reject themselves.
- 4. All I need to make a comedy is a park, a policeman and a pretty girl.
- 5. All my pictures are built around the idea of getting in trouble and so giving me the chance to be de ...
- 6. Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself.
- 7. I do not have much patience with a thing of beauty that must be explained to be understood. If it do ...
- 8. I don't believe that the public knows what it wants; this is the conclusion that I have drawn from m ...
- 9. I have no further use for America. I wouldn't go back there if Jesus Christ was President.
- 10. I remain just one thing, and one thing only -- and that is a clown. It places me on a far higher pla ...
- 11. I thought I would dress in baggy pants, big shoes, a cane and a derby hat. everything a contradictio ...
- 12. In the end, everything is a gag.
- 13. Laughter is the tonic, the relief, the surcease for pain.
- 14. Life is a tragedy when seen in close-up, but a comedy in long-shot.
- 15. Movies are a fad. Audiences really want to see live actors on a stage.
- 16. Nothing is permanent in this wicked world - not even our troubles.
- 17. The basic essential of a great actor is that he loves himself in acting.
- 18. The saddest thing I can imagine is to get used to luxury.
|Charlie Chaplin Quotes by Power Quotations|