18 Quotations by Arthur Rimbaud
- 1. And again: No more gods! no more gods! Man is King, Man is God! -- But the great Faith is Love!
- 2. But, truly, I have wept too much! The Dawns are heartbreaking. Every moon is atrocious and every sun ...
- 3. Eternity. It is the sea mingled with the sun.
- 4. Faith assuages, guides, restores.
- 5. For a long time I found the celebrities of modern painting and poetry ridiculous. I loved absurd pic ...
- 6. I am the slave of my baptism. Parents, you have caused my misfortune, and you have caused your own.
- 7. I believe that I am in hell, therefore I am there.
- 8. I is another.
- 9. I saw that all beings are fated to happiness: action is not life, but a way of wasting some force, a ...
- 10. Idle youth, enslaved to everything; by being too sensitive I have wasted my life.
- 11. Life is the farce which everyone has to perform.
- 12. Morality is the weakness of the mind.
- 13. Never admit defeat!
- 14. One evening I sat Beauty on my knees -- And I found her bitter -- And I reviled her.
- 15. Only divine love bestows the keys of knowledge.
- 16. The Sun, the hearth of affection and life, pours burning love on the delighted earth.
- 17. What a life! True life is elsewhere. We are not in the world.
- 18. When you are seventeen you aren't really serious.
|Arthur Rimbaud Quotes by Power Quotations|