18 Quotations by Alphonse De Lamartine
- 1. A conscience without God is like a court without a judge.
- 2. Experience is the only prophecy of wise men.
- 3. Grief knits two hearts in closer bonds than happiness ever can; and common sufferings are far strong ...
- 4. Habit with it's iron sinews, clasps us and leads us day by day.
- 5. If one had but a single glance to give the world, one should gaze on Istanbul.
- 6. Let us savor the swift delights of the most beautiful of our days!
- 7. Limited in his nature, infinite in his desire, man is a fallen god who remembers heaven.
- 8. Poets and heroes are of the same race, the latter do what the former conceive.
- 9. Private passions tire and exhaust themselves, public ones never.
- 10. Providence conceals itself in the details of human affairs, but becomes unveiled in the generalities ...
- 11. Sentiment is the poetry of the imagination.
- 12. Sentiment is the poetry of the imagination.
- 13. Sometimes, when one person is missing, the whole world seems depopulated.
- 14. The actual is limited, the possibilities immense.
- 15. The people only understand what they can feel; the only orators that can affect them are those who m ...
- 16. There is a woman at the begining of all great things.
- 17. There is a woman at the beginning of all great things.
- 18. To love for the sake of being loved is human, but to love for the sake of loving is angelic.
|Alphonse De Lamartine Quotes by Power Quotations|