19 Zanzibar Proverbs
- 1. A baby that does not cry will die on its mother's back.
- 2. A fruit tree that grows in a dung heap will certainly blossom.
- 3. A gentle breeze blowing in the right direction is better than a pair of strong oars.
- 4. A man without a wife is a man without a house.
- 5. An empty sack can't stand up; a full sack cannot bend.
- 6. Foam will always find its way to the shore.
- 7. If you think your bundle of dirty clothes is too heavy, try picking up your neighbor's.
- 8. Maybe my canoe is bigger than yours, but the sea is the same. If there are no fish, we both go hungry.
- 9. Never pick up what you didn't put down.
- 10. No matter how fast moonlight runs, daylight catches up.
|Quotes by Power Quotations|