43 Yugoslavian Proverbs
- 1. A good name reaches far but a bad one reaches farther.
- 2. A good rest is half the job.
- 3. A good rest is half the work.
- 4. A man shows in his youth what he will be in his age.
- 5. Boast to a stranger, complain only to your friends.
- 6. Complain to the one who can help you.
- 7. Condemn a man within earshot; praise him at a distance.
- 8. Don't go selling the hide while the bear remains in the hole.
- 9. Don't guild the lily.
- 10. Everyone will sit on a little donkey.