62 Yoruba Proverbs
- 1. 'i nearly killed the bird.' no one can eat 'nearly' in a stew.
- 2. A great affair covers up a small matter.
- 3. A man with a cough cannot conceal himself.
- 4. A man's first wife never complains of neglect from the penis, the first morsel never complains of insufficient sauce.
- 5. A proverb is the horse that can carry one swiftly to the discovery of ideas.
- 6. A stammerer would eventually say father.
- 7. After we fry the fat, we see what is left.
- 8. Anyone who sees beauty and does not look at it will soon be poor.
- 9. As long as there are lice in the seams of the garment there must be bloodstains on the fingernails.
- 10. As there is guilt in innocence, there is innocence in guilt.