17 Walloon Proverbs
- 1. A tree falls the way it leans.
- 2. Beauty is not so much what you see as what you dream.
- 3. Better warn than be warned.
- 4. Do what you want, but make sure you are first.
- 5. Don't make use of another's mouth unless it has been leant to you.
- 6. Fat geese don't fly far.
- 7. He started with nothing and still he has just his begging bag.
- 8. He who keeps his mouth shut, dies without confession.
- 9. In dark weather the devil is in the air.
- 10. The best ointment comes in small boxes.
|Quotes by Power Quotations|