12 Uruguayan Proverbs
- 1. A stolen object brings no joy to one's heart.
- 2. Better to lose a minute in your life than your life in a minute.
- 3. Better to marry a neighbor than a stranger.
- 4. Clear accounts make for long friendships.
- 5. Don't take every ill to the doctor, or every quarrel to the lawyer, or every thirst to the tavern.
- 6. Find as much love as was given by your father and mother many times.
- 7. Gifts break rocks and melt hearts.
- 8. He who doesn't die on the battlefield slips in the bathtub.
- 9. That which is done at night appears in the day.
- 10. The favor of a man in power is like a summer shower.
|Quotes by Power Quotations|