24 Togolese Proverbs
- 1. A woman's tongue is sharp enough to pierce the toughest flesh.
- 2. Absence polishes passion, presence reinforces it.
- 3. Better the child weeps than your wife.
- 4. Breed up a serpent and he will strike when you are in deep slumber.
- 5. Don't butter the skillet before catching the fish.
- 6. Every rhinoceros is proud of its horn.
- 7. Good stew is best to be made in an old pot.
- 8. He bawls like a calf because he is as weak as a kitten.
- 9. If there is no traitor in your house, the witches will never be able to get at you.
- 10. If you hurt the reputation of another, you damage your own.
|Quotes by Power Quotations|