6 Sioux Proverbs.1. A people without a history is like the wind over buffalo grass.
2. Before you choose a counselor, watch him with his neighbor's children.
3. First you are to think always of god. second you are to use all your powers to care for your people and especially the poor.
4. Guard your tongue in youth, and in age you may mature a thought that will be of service to your people.
5. If you don't know where you are going, any path will take you there.
6. Love yourself; get outside yourself and take action. focus on the solution; be at peace.
6 Sioux Proverbs, Page 1 of 11