9 Shona Proverbs
- 1. A hunter has no mysterious notions about the forest.
- 2. A new thing does not come to she who sits, but to she who travels.
- 3. Green maize abounds at the houses of those without teeth.
- 4. It is mysterious if a baboon falls from a tree.
- 5. No matter how thoroughly a crow may wash, it remains ever black.
- 6. One who refused advice was later seen bleeding.
- 7. The chakata fruit on the ground belongs to all, but the one on the tree is for she who can climb.
- 8. The cook does not have to be a beautiful woman.
- 9. What can be expected to be dropped is held in the hands, but what is in the heart I shall die with.