1393 Scottish Proverbs / Page 2
- 11. A blind man needs no looking glass.
- 12. A blyth heart makes a blomand visage.
- 13. A blythe heart makes a blooming look.
- 14. A bold foe is better than a cowardly friend.
- 15. A child may have too much of his mother's blessing.
- 16. A close mouth catches nae fleas.
- 17. A cock is valiant on his own dunghill.
- 18. A cock's aye cruse on his ain midden-head.
- 19. A cold needs the cook as much as the doctor.
- 20. A crook in the forth is worth an earldom in the north.
|Quotes by Power Quotations|