21 Roman Proverbs
- 1. A man who chases two rabbits catches none.
- 2. All roads lead to Rome.
- 3. All saint without, all devil within.
- 4. Beware the man of one book.
- 5. Either learn or leave.
- 6. Fear not a jest. If one throws salt at you, you will not be harmed unless you have sore places.
- 7. He who gives himself airs of importance, exhibits the credentials of impotence.
- 8. He who gives quickly gives twice.
- 9. He who restrains his anger overcomes his greatest enemy.
- 10. Hunger is a spice for any meal.