13 Peruvian Proverbs
- 1. Envy for a friend is like the taste of a sour pumpkin.
- 2. Favor your own first, then others.
- 3. Fortune and olives are alike: sometimes a man has an abundance and other times not any.
- 4. From the tree of silence hands the fruit of tranquility.
- 5. Gold, when beaten, shines.
- 6. If i listen i have the advantage, if i speak others have it.
- 7. It is better to prevent than to cure.
- 8. Lawyer for the rich, scourge of the poor.
- 9. Love looks through spectacles that make copper look like gold, poverty like riches, and tears like pearls.
- 10. Only he who carries it knows how much the cross weighs.