451 Nigerian Proverbs
- 1. "Give me a push from my back" does not mean give me a hunchback.
- 2. "Now the marriage begins," says the woman who has been beaten with thorns.
- 3. A bag that says it will not take more, and a traditional doctor who says he would not leave anything behind are both sure to suffer.
- 4. A bird does not change its feathers because the weather is bad.
- 5. A bird that flies from the ground onto an anthill, does not know that it is still on the ground.
- 6. A bottle of oil warmed over the fire has no means of producing oil by itself.
- 7. A bush fowls' playground is never appreciably spacious.
- 8. A child does not die because the mother's breasts are dry.
- 9. A child is what you put into him.
- 10. A child who fears beating, would never admit that he played with a missing knife.
|Quotes by Power Quotations|