40 Malay Proverbs
- 1. A fool is like the big drum that beats fast but does not realize its hollowness.
- 2. A heavy load should be borne together as well as a light load.
- 3. After Falling, The ladder falls on you.
- 4. An ox with long horns, even if he does not butt, will be accused of butting.
- 5. An unasked excuse infers transgression.
- 6. Ants die in sugar.
- 7. As long as you happen to put your hand in a container full of pickles, might as well dip your whole arm in the container.
- 8. Because of a drop of blue dye,a whole pot of milk is contaminated.
- 9. Because of lack of talent in dancing, the floor is blamed.
- 10. Bit by bit, in the end it becomes a hill.