130 Malagasy Proverbs
- 1. "If it is not a boy it will be a girl," says the fortune-teller.
- 2. A canoe does not know who is king. When it turns over, everyone gets wet.
- 3. A chicken that hatches a crocodile's eggs is looking for trouble.
- 4. A little rain each day will fill the rivers to overflowing.
- 5. A man finds many faults in a woman when he wants to divorce, and finds many charms in one's fianc6e.
- 6. A man who lets his problems get the better of him is like a man who divorces his wife the first time she makes him angry.
- 7. A patient that can swallow food makes the nurse doubtful.
- 8. A starving crocodile is never pleasant.
- 9. Advice is a stranger; if he's welcome he stays for the night; if not, he leaves the same day.
- 10. All who live under the sky are woven together like one big mat.
|Quotes by Power Quotations|