10 Madagasy Proverbs.
1. A canoe does not know who is king. When it turns over, everyone gets wet.
2. An egg does not fight a rock.
3. Disgraced like a man whose own pet bites him.
4. Do not kick away the canoe which helped you to cross the river.
5. Do not scare the birds you are going to shoot.
6. Do not treat your loved one like a swinging door: you are fond of it but you push it back and forth.
7. Iron does not clang by itself.
8. Roosters' tail feathers: pretty but always behind.
9. The lazy man who goes to borrow a spade says, "I hope I will not find one."
10. You think you are strong like the corn plant, yet the bean vine is already choking you.
10 Madagasy Proverbs, Page 1 of 11