44 Maasai Proverbs
- 1. A lion can run faster than we can, but we can run farther.
- 2. A particle of goat dung cannot be eaten by a large gourd.
- 3. A proverb does not answer itself.
- 4. A zebra takes its stripes wherever it goes.
- 5. Be as familiar with observation as you are with the place you live.
- 6. Daylight follows a dark night.
- 7. Do not allow the belly to make you useless.
- 8. Do not sweep someone else's home while yours is dirty.
- 9. Don't fight a lion with a stick.
- 10. Don't pinch the heifer's vagina.