46 Lithuanian Proverbs
- 1. A man without a beard is like bread without a crust.
- 2. A silent pig digs the deepest root.
- 3. All that glitters is not gold, and all that is sticky is not tar.
- 4. As one devil goes out, another one comes in.
- 5. Dogs cannot make dreams come true -- people must do that.
- 6. Don't be too bold, or you will burn your eyes; but don't be too slow, or you will lose your share.
- 7. Don't laugh when your neighbors oven is on fire.
- 8. Even the hardest of winters fears the spring.
- 9. Even the smallest drop is appreciated by the drunkard.
- 10. Fear and love do not go together.
|Quotes by Power Quotations|