69 Lebanese Proverbs
- 1. A bite from a loving mouth is worth more than a kiss from any other.
- 2. A cemetery never refuses a corpse.
- 3. A clear conscience shines not only in the eyes.
- 4. A dog will always be a dog, even if he is raised by lions.
- 5. A donkey is a donkey though it may carry the Sultan's treasure.
- 6. A dressed up lie is worth more than a badly told truth.
- 7. A polite devil is more agreeable than a rude saint.
- 8. A wretched year has twenty-four months.
- 9. Better to have one thousand enemies outside the house than to have one single enemy inside it.
- 10. Beware of the man to whom you have done a good turn.
|Quotes by Power Quotations|