62 Kenyan Proverbs / Page 6
- 51. There is no cure that does not have its price.
- 52. There is no phrase that doesn't have a double meaning.
- 53. Thunder is not yet rain.
- 54. Treat the earth well. It was not given to you by your parents. It is loaned to you by your children.
- 55. Treat the world well. It was not given to you by your parents. It was willed to you by your children.
- 56. Try this bracelet: if it fits you wear it; but if it hurts you, throw it away no matter how much it sparkles.
- 57. Virtue is better than wealth.
- 58. We have not inherited this land from our ancestors; rather we have borrowed it from our children.
- 59. What's too hard for a man must be worth looking into.
- 60. When the figs are ripe all the birds want to eat.