79 Igbo Proverbs / Page 8
- 71. When a poor man gets a little money, his thoughts go off in ten different directions.
- 72. When a very short man causes the market to break up in a big fight, bystanders ask him to stand up so that they can see how short he really is.
- 73. When the leopard has a broken paw, the antellope comes to collect an old debt.
- 74. When the mother goat breaks into the yam store her kid watches her.
- 75. When the music stops, a deaf person continues to dance.
- 76. Whether it was the tenant who seduced the landlord's wife, or the landlord who seduced the tenant's wife, it is the tenant who would leave the house.
- 77. Whichever son is able should bury his father. The first son did not kill him.
- 78. While the wooden idols are tormenting me, the termites are tormenting them.
- 79. You may be clever but you can never lose your shadow.
|Quotes by Power Quotations|