19 Ibo Proverbs
- 1. A baby on its mother's back doesn't know the journey is long.
- 2. A bird that flies off the earth and lands on an anthill is still on the ground.
- 3. A debt may get moldy, but it never decays.
- 4. A man who lives on the banks of the Niger should not wash his hands with spittle.
- 5. Always being in a hurry does not prevent death, neither does going slowly prevent living.
- 6. Anger against a brother is felt in the flesh, not in the bone.
- 7. Book stands by itself and experience stands by itself.
- 8. If you want to eat a toad, you should look for a fat and juicy one.
- 9. Never kill a man who says nothing.
- 10. Never let any mechanical device know that you are in a hurry.
|Quotes by Power Quotations|