51 Hawaiian Proverbs / Page 2
- 11. Continue to do good, and heaven will come down to you.
- 12. Dip your paddle in and join the effort.
- 13. Do not allow sins to get beyond creeping.
- 14. Enjoy the beat of other drums, but this is my song.
- 15. Go inquire of the other birds.
- 16. Hi is as albatross that observes the ocean.
- 17. Hush, lest the wind arise.
- 18. If you plan for a year, plant kalo. If you plan for ten years, plant koa. If you plan for one-hundred years, teach the children.
- 19. In language there is life, in language there is death.
- 20. In the end...we will take care of only what we love; We will love only what we understand; We will understand only what we are taught.