84 Haitian Proverbs
- 1. 'hurry' and 'well' never go hand in hand.
- 2. A foreseen disaster should not kill the handicapped.
- 3. A mirror doesn't know how to lie.
- 4. A monkey never thinks her baby's ugly.
- 5. A silk dress doesn't mean clean undergarments.
- 6. A single finger cannot catch fleas.
- 7. A stumble is not a fall.
- 8. A woman is like mahogany: the older she is, the better she is.
- 9. Age and marriage tame the beast.
- 10. All food is fit to eat, but not all words are fit to speak.