53 Georgian Proverbs
- 1. "I have a lot to say," said the fish, "but my mouth is full of water."
- 2. A church without a leader is prey for the devil.
- 3. A communal field is ruined by the bears.
- 4. A golden plate is worth nothing to me when my blood is spilled on it.
- 5. A mother will understand what her dumb son says.
- 6. A Tatar says to a Tatar: Call me Aga and I will call you Aga, and we shall both be Agas.
- 7. Better your own copper than another man's gold.
- 8. Beware of the front of a bull, the back of a horse and both sides of a blind man.
- 9. Blood vessels are not cleaned with blood.
- 10. Catch the bird before you build a cage.
|Quotes by Power Quotations|