191 Ethiopian Proverbs
- 1. "O, sheep if I do not eat you, you will eat me," said the hyena.
- 2. A belt fastened while running will come undone while running.
- 3. A bird hanging between two branches will get bitten on both wings.
- 4. A blade won't cut another blade; a cheat won't cheat another cheat.
- 5. A bleating sheep loses a bite.
- 6. A cat may go to a monastery, but she still remains a cat.
- 7. A close friend can become a close enemy.
- 8. A cow gave birth to a fire: she wanted to lick it, but it burned; she wanted to leave it, but she could not because it was her own child.
- 9. A cow gave birth to a fire; she wanted to lick it, but it burned; she wanted to leave it, but she could not because it was her own child.
- 10. A fool and water will go the way they are diverted.
|Quotes by Power Quotations|