44 Ethiopia Proverbs
- 1. A blade won't cut another blade; a cheat won't cheat another cheat.
- 2. A cat may go to a monastery, but she still remains a cat!
- 3. A close friend can become a close enemy.
- 4. A cow gave birth to a fire: she wanted to lick it, but it burned; she wanted to leave it, but she could not because it was her own child.
- 5. A fool and water will go the way they are diverted.
- 6. A fool looks for dung where the cow never browsed.
- 7. A fool will pair an ox with an elephant.
- 8. A home without a woman is like a barn without cattle.
- 9. A loose tooth will not rest until it's pulled out.
- 10. A partner in the business will not put an obstacle to it.
|Quotes by Power Quotations|