22 Eskimo Proverbs
- 1. Don't let the windows of your home be so small that the light of the sun cannot enter your rooms.
- 2. Even the strongest the eagle cannot soar hirer than the stars.
- 3. Glorious it is when wandering time is come.
- 4. He that boasts of his own knowledge proclaims his ignorance.
- 5. If you are going to walk on thin ice, you might as well dance.
- 6. It is an ill wind that blows nobody any good.
- 7. Love comes after marriage.
- 8. May you have kindness in your heart, a plump woman in your furs, and seal meat in you larder.
- 9. May you have warmth in your igloo, oil in your lamp, and peace in your heart.
- 10. May your charity increase as much as your wealth.