1609 English Proverbs
- 1. 'tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.
- 2. 'Tis money that begets money.
- 3. A bad penny always turns up.
- 4. A bean in liberty is better than a comfit in prison.
- 5. A bellyful is one of meat, drink, or sorrow.
- 6. A big tree attracts the woodsman's ax.
- 7. A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.
- 8. A black hen lays a white egg.
- 9. A black plum is as sweet as a white.
- 10. A blind man will not thank you for a looking-glass.
|Quotes by Power Quotations|