157 Egyptian Proverbs / Page 2
- 11. A small house can lodge a hundred friends.
- 12. A woman will be twice bound when her chains feel comfortable.
- 13. An absent person has his excuse.
- 14. An absent person should have his excuse.
- 15. An onion shared with a friend tastes like roast lamb.
- 16. Bathe her and then look at her.
- 17. Be patient with a bad neighbor. Maybe he'll leave or a disaster will take him out.
- 18. Beautiful discourse is rarer than emerald, yet it can be found among the servant girls at the grindstones.
- 19. Because we focused on the snake, we missed the scorpion.
- 20. Bed is the poor man's opera.
|Quotes by Power Quotations|