128 Darkovan Proverbs
- 1. A devil with fine manners can still carry you only to hell.
- 2. A hawk kills because it is his nature; a man because it is his pleasure.
- 3. A rabbithorn cannot be a war-horse and will only become a laughingstock if he should try.
- 4. A roan horse and a black can travel equally far in a day's journey.
- 5. All the smiths . . . can't mend a broken egg.
- 6. All women are alike when the lamp is out.
- 7. An oath broken by one does not thereafter bind the other.
- 8. Bare is brotherless back.
- 9. Better lady in a cottage than serving-woman in a castle.
- 10. Call a woman a harlot and you make her one.
|Quotes by Power Quotations|